Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to Awesomium Answers, a site to help our community better create, communicate, and share questions and answers about Awesomium.
What is Awesomium Answers?
It’s a Q&A platform for Awesomium users worldwide.
Do I have to log in or create an account to participate?
Yes. You must create an account to use Awesomium Answers. To sign-up it requires an active email address. You will create a username unique to this site and a password.
If you were a member of our Awesomium forums, we apologize but we are unable to migrate users over. It takes but a quick second to create a new account and get started!
What Questions may I ask here?
Ask technical questions about Awesomium. No question is too small, however you may try searching for the answer first or reviewing our API Docs-- you may find the fix.
Are their guidelines or suggestions for writing good questions?
Part of our ambition with bringing you this platform is creating our own base of common knowledge for how you are using Awesomium and better cataloging the questions and answers you have. To get the best possible response to your questions, follow a few clear guidelines:
- When writing: be detailed but use simple language. We have users worldwide and we want as many people to participate as possible. Clear language is the key!
- Title your questions based on content: do not title your question “Urgent, oh god - computer on fire”. While you think this will garner you more responses, it’s NOT appreciated. Appropriate titles last beyond your crisis and will help others in the future, example: “ Zooming Webcontol in v1.7” [Imagine that each word could be a tag]
- Include all relevant details: exact version, API, environment, steps you've tried, symptoms, etc. in a structured and easy-to-read form. Be succinct but descriptive.
- Use specific tags: with each question you are required to add tags to your post. General tags such as v1.7 will begin to narrow search results, but the more specific and creative we become with tagging the better the search results for future answer seekers. Even you!
What are “Spaces”?
We have created two unique spaces [C++/.Net] to help you find your Awesomium core network quickly. Each time you ask a question, you will also be prompted to choose a space so that your question will be categorized and easily searchable.
Are the Awesomium forums still active?
No, the old forums are no longer active. Awesomium Answers is now our primary source for the Awesomium community to receive assistance.
How can I contact Awesomium?
If you have a non-technical related query please reach out through email@example.com. Otherwise, we’re watching over Awesomium Answers! ;)
For more information about Awesomium and licensing please learn more through http://awesomium.com/.
Awesome Suggestions [OK, rules]
- Be kind. We want people to feel welcome to use this Q&A platform. Remember that if you are an active participant, you have a great opportunity to contribute your knowledge to others. We do reserve the right to refuse an Awesomium Answers account to the highly unpleasant user.
- Be helpful. The best way for our collective Awesomium knowledge to grow is by asking, answering, and helping each other.
- Search first. Your question may have already been asked and answered. Search key tags or clear questions for best results. Check out our wiki and API Docs for further instructional assistance: (http://www.awesomium.com/support)
- Do your homework first. Investigate your problem by experimenting with variations, looking at logs, and using your debugger.
- Please post in proper English. If English isn't your first language we'll cut you some slack of course, but there is no excuse for intentionally bad grammar and LOLspeak. For example, "hay guyz wat is up wit new release?!1 LOLz :))" will get you thrown off a building. Twice.
Non-Negotiable Rules that will get you booted
No Copyrighted Material - You may not post material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material. By posting here you agree to be solely responsible for ensuring this position and that this platform will not be held responsible in any way for you violating any intellectual property rights, intentionally or unintentionally.
No Advertising Unrelated Products - We do not permit advertising products unrelated to Awesomium. If your product uses or extends Awesomium, clearly you are entitled to reference it in questions and answers so far as it is helpful, but any posts advertising other products will be deleted.
Be Respectful - Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning and/or ban.